Guest experience team: Connection Card Team
Recognizes and creates a guest experience from the “Street to the Seat” that is positive, friendly, welcoming, informational, consistent with our culture, and makes the guest say “Wow!” We want to assimilate guests into connection with the Bridge family by ensuring an experience that encourages guests to return.
This team assists The Bridge in confidentially processing connection cards from first and second time visitors but also to help people plug into different ministry opportunities using Bridge Community.
Reports to: Richard Parr or McKenna Chase
Weekly: 3 hours per week - 8:30 am to 11:30 am (sometimes a little longer) on Monday
Yearly: We ask for a 1 year commitment September to August
- “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders….” Colossians 4:5a
- Process connection cards and data including personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address and not disclose the confidential information
- Pray for those prayer requests as you handle the connection cards, quietly, not disclosing who and what you are praying for to others.
- Be an effective example of God’s love and caring for them.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Participate weekly in corporate worship
- Computer skills ie. data base management
- Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Serving, Wisdom, Helping, Discernment
- Heart: A love and passion for those seeking to connect to The Bridge
- Ability: Connecting, Organizing, Resourcing, Welcoming
- Personality: Outgoing or reserved, people and projects oriented, able to work in a team,
- Experience: Computer skills a must.