High School Community: Student Ministry Leadership
Helps lead a LifeGroup on Wednesday evening and/or Sunday morning and provides care to students.
An Adult Leader meets weekly with a small group of students and connects with them about life and their faith journey with God and helps students understand how God’s work and Word intersects with their life circumstances.
Reports To: Student Ministry Director
Weekly: We ask for a 2-hour commitment each week for Wednesday evening gatherings and an optional (but preferred) 2-hour commitment for Sunday morning gatherings.
Monthly: We ask for 16 hours each month: 8 on Wednesday evenings and 8 on Sunday mornings.
Yearly: We ask for a 1-year commitment from August to August.
- Meets weekly with students for LifeGroup and connects with them about life and faith issues
- Communicates regularly with the Student Ministry Pastor/Director, co-leader(s), and students
- Connects every 2-3 months with Student Ministry Pastor/Director about health of LifeGroup and students
- Organizes or participates in at least two neighboring opportunities for their LifeGroup each semester
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Participate weekly in corporate worship and community life.
- A desire to shepherd and develop students into world-changers.
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, pastoring, mercy, encouragement, discernment
- Heart: A love for students/teenagers, developing the next generation
- Ability: Adapting, communicating, leading, learning, mentoring, welcoming
- Personality: Great relational and interpersonal skills with teenagers; demonstrate leadership potential; able to work in a team and alone
- Experience: Preferably has worked with children or students or has led a small group/LifeGroup